RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: Dave Scot: Lifetime Achievement Award, Let Us Now Honor Great Tards< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
godsilove

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 24 2008,18:42   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ Mar. 24 2008,17:40)
Dave struts his stuff as only he can:

This doesn’t bode well for Myers’ upcoming tenure review. If enough of his peers start viewing him as a liability to science and the University of Minnesota then they’ll give him the bum’s rush just as quick as they did Guilliermo Gonzalez. And PZ Myers’, unlike Guilliermo Gonzalez, has no impeccable publication record to fall back on in protest so it won’t be difficult or unseeming for the tenure committee to give him a thumbs down.

This is very, very bad for us. If PZ Myers didn’t exist we’d have to invent him. Myers does more to give Darwinists a bad name than any man alive. If he’s denied tenure we might be forced to put together a “Save the Myers” foundation to solicit donations to keep his blog alive.

PZ has been tenured for 5 years.

My power is more immense than you can possibly imagine, since I just leapt into my time machine and retroactively gave myself tenure five years ago. My critics better worry. I don't use my powers for anything as crude as killing their grandfather before he had children...instead, I'll go back and sleep with their mother 9 months before they were born.
That'll send chills down their spines.
Posted by: PZ Myers | March 24, 2008 5:55 PM

ERRRRRRRNNNNNT. Thanks for playing, Dave, and please accept our home game.

That's hilarious.  Not the first time he's been made to look foolish.

129 replies since Oct. 24 2007,13:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]