RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (58) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Evolution of the horse; a problem for Darwinism?, For Daniel Smith to present his argument< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
mitschlag

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 05 2008,05:10   

Quote (Daniel Smith @ Feb. 04 2008,19:16)
There's a lot more that can be said about Schindewolf, that's for sure, and we didn't really even get into Berg's Nomogenesis much at all!

But I honestly don't feel that people here are much interested.   I know none of you ran out to buy Schindewolf's or Berg's books!  I guess that's understandable though.  If you're confident in your position, why would you seek evidence against it?

Actually, I bought a copy of Basic Questions and have dipped into it.  What I've seen is a vigorous rejection of selection as a driving force in evolution and the substitution of orthogenesis.

As I've mentioned before, Schindewolf's ideas are of historical interest, but they have not survived the rough and tumble of scientific practice.  Ideas that are not usefully heuristic are doomed.

If Daniel has not read The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, he is missing an opportunity to learn how science has worked through history and how it is likely to continue to work.  It will give him insight into how we operate.  (And it's a lot shorter than Grundfragen.)

--------------
"You can establish any “rule” you like if you start with the rule and then interpret the evidence accordingly." - George Gaylord Simpson (1902-1984)

1733 replies since Sep. 18 2007,15:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (58) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]