RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (58) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Evolution of the horse; a problem for Darwinism?, For Daniel Smith to present his argument< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Richard Simons

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 04 2007,15:30   

Yes, please provide links to those papers and please elaborate as to how these things "devastated" Schindewolf's theory.

When I asked you about some aspects of Schindewolf's theory your response was

Quote (Daniel Smith @ Oct. 25 2007,13:50)

Quote (Richard Simons @ Oct. 25 2007,00:00)
Back to Schindewolf! I am not sure why a hypothesis that has been essentially dead for 50 years holds so much fascination for you. However, given that it does perhaps you could explain how the information to constrain an organism's evolutionary pathway is held. What conceivable mechanism could stop evolution from taking place, or enable parts to evolve before they became useful?

I am also curious about the saltational events. Do you see these as creating a new genus, order, phylum or what? What actually occurs during a saltational event? How does the DNA get changed and how does it know what to become, as I gather it is preparing for the next few million years of evolution and changing conditions? When did the last saltational event take place? I don't even know if the proposal is that one day a dinosaur chick hatched that had feathers and wings or if the process was spread over many generations, which might make it little different from the rapid evolution phase of punctuated equilibrium.

I'm looking forward to your answers.

I don't know.

How do you expect us to respond when you can't even tell us some of the basics of the theory?

--------------
All sweeping statements are wrong.

1733 replies since Sep. 18 2007,15:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (58) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]