RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (121) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed., Sternberg, Gonzalez, Crocker - A film< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
tacitus

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 24 2008,01:48   

I haven't seen this anywhere, but I might be repeating what someone else has already done.

I did a little checking of domain names for Expelled the Movie, and here's what I found:

The name "expelledthemovie" was registered for all of the following domain extensions on 02 March 2007:

.com .net .biz .us .org .info

In addition, "expelledmovie.com" was registered on April 5th, 2007 (it redirects to the main site).  Probably just as insurance against mistyping, but an additional "smoking gun" nonetheless.

Seems to me that this is a pretty concerted effort to cover all the bases domain-wise for the title they had decided upon.  Certainly no one has come up with anything similar for "Crossroads".

"getexpelled.com" was registered on 26th Oct 2007, no doubt when they came up with their marketing campaign, and "getexpelled.net" was added on 31st Dec 2007.

Interestingly, "expelledthemoviesucks" was registered for the domain extensions .com .net .org. and .info on 6th Sep 2007, but the registrant details are private.  My guess is that they were registered by the Expelled people as domains ending in "sucks" tend to be registered by (lame) critics of the company or merchandise being advertised. But it could equally have been someone opposed to the movie.

"themovieexpelled.com" was registered in Jan 2008, but looks like a domain squatting exercise (or critic, of course).

FYI, "expelledthedvd" is still available for all domain extensions, and they don't seem to have bothered with country-specific domain names.

3612 replies since Aug. 12 2007,07:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (121) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]