RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (37) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: No reason for a rift between science and religion?, Skeptic's chance to prove his claims.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 04 2007,09:14   

Quote (skeptic @ Dec. 04 2007,07:46)
You guys are getting caught up in the details.   what I'm saying is if [god] exists then knowledge given by God is external and not generated by reason AND if one accepts this knowledge then their not exercising a reasoned process but accepting revelation.

Skeptic, not to sound like a stinker but how can you claim anything when your first premise has not been proven.

If god exists then....

Ok, prove it. You can't because you've never proven your if premise, it's all make believe.

I might as well say if god exists, Elvis lives in my shorts.  And guys, don't get caught up in the details please, my shorts fit tight so this could be true.

My "if then" makes as much sense as yours and  I have as much evidence that you do to prove my point (my shorts do fit tightly).  You're just making shit up and telling us to not get caught up in the details.   I think that's the IDC approach, no?  

Here is our unsupported claim and don't get caught up in the details.

My 4 yo daughter can come up with more interesting if/then fantasies that are grounded in make believe.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with you or anyone else making things up because it makes you feel better.  But when you make fantastic claims people are naturally going to want to know the details, especially when it has to do with the supernatural, ghosts, goblins, zombies, etc.

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

1091 replies since Aug. 06 2007,07:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (37) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]