RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   
  Topic: Antievolution advocates rewrite reality, Wikipedia wars continue< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: July 03 2007,08:56   

Quote (Louis @ July 03 2007,06:17)
OA,

Good point. Another one is that Wikipedia, the Britannica, CNN* etc are secondary sources of information. You treat secondary sources exactly like you said, with big pinches of salt.

Louis

Interestingly, CNN provides strong evidence against one of ID's central claims, that new information cannot be created without the intervention of an intelligent agent.  Paula Zahn is clearly not an intelligent agent, but every bit of information that passes through her is given a new, right-wing slant.  However, the mutation is always deleterious to the organism (truth), so I'm ultimately not sure how to score that one.

*I can see how in some circumstances the media can be primary sources of data, and indeed this has happened quite a lot. However in modern times it seems that the news outlets all repeat Reuters or some other "source" with their own spin the majority of the time.
CNN is a primary source, for instance, if you're researching what news coverage/topics Big Business finds most favorable to its own goals.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

90 replies since July 01 2007,10:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]