RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: July 23 2008,22:37   

I don't think anyone has any illusions about convincing FTK about evolution.

I try for more obvious realities, out of mostly an odd desire to study creationist behavior. FTK is a great case study.

She will accept anything, unquestioningly, told to her by her side. No matter how ridiculous, no matter how obviously wrong. Anything goes. If Dembski or someone like him told her the sky was florescent orange, FTK would be on here berating atheists for not seeing the obvious truth that the sky was florescent orange. Pictures of a blue sky - recommendations that she actually go outside and look at it, would be either completely ignored or met with cries of "I don't want to talk about that!", followed by more talking about it later on.

Hence why I like comets.

Walt's stuff is so obviously wrong even most YECs think he's a wackjob. Not FTK. But all it takes is that comet picture I posted. That comet has been falling towards the sun for millions of years, to give us the spectacular display it gave in 2007. Now it will leave. It may never return, and if it does we may not be around to see it.

According to Walt Brown, that comet can not exist. But it does. You can see it. It's quite beautiful, really. One of the most spectacular comet tails I've ever seen. It's there. It's reality. Brown has no answer, cannot have an answer. To acknowledge the existence of that comet is to acknowledge the existence of old solar system.

FTK soldiers blindly on, closing her eyes. She won't let herself see the comet, as beautiful as it is, because she's been told it doesn't exist.

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

10200 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]