RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: July 14 2008,22:08   

Quote (Ftk @ July 14 2008,22:27)
Here’s what really cracks me up....the actual  bone fragments that you science dudes get so worked up about.  See Tikaaklik as well as the jawbone from the article Bill linked to in regard to the recovered fossils that “may” prove to be a bridge to establishing a relationship between Australopithecus anamensis Australopithecus .

Tikky...

Austa...

It’s no wonder we unscientific folks think you’re all completely nuts.  We’re talking jaw and fish bone fragments, for Christ’s sake.  But, we’re supposed to believe they represent the proof that we evolved from fish and apes.

From what I understand, Shubin made several trips to a few places where he thought he should find these transitionals, but had no luck.  If I remember correctly from the book (I read it at Barnes & Nobles in two different visits), he said that they almost gave up hope and that they were afraid they wouldn’t get funding for further trips like this.  (If I’m wrong about this I’m sure someone will correct me...like I said, I don’t have the book and I can’t quite remember how the story went.)  

But, just in the nick of time, they stumble along this Tikaaklik find, which looks like a freaking fish to me.  So, they find some little bone on this sucker that they think served as a intermediate wrist bone.  What the heck does that really mean?  There are other walking fish...I have no idea what makes this one bone fragment so unique that it just *has* to be an intermediate between fish and terapods.  I guess because this one was found in exactly the “right place”.

And, then there’s Bill’s jawbone.  Some science dude digs in the “right place” and finds some bone fragments that he deems transitionals.  

W-h-a-t-e-v-e-r.  

Makes you wonder what scientists would find if they went gung ho digging in the wrong places.  Honest to God, when I did a little research earlier this year and found out how few ape to human transitional bone fragments we actually have, I was stunned that scientists actually believe this crap.  

But, yes, I’m well aware that you have to be a genius mad scientist to understand how precious and meaningful these minute bone fragments really are.

I guess I do have to remind myself, though, that you are the same folks who seem to think everything we observe in nature arose from a lucky little blob.  Faith is a wonderful thing, eh?

Oh, and have fun with this oldie but goody as well [Fish-o-pod ‘Missing Link’ Discovered: Media Goes Nuts   04/06/2006 ].

Luvs, hugs and kisses, folks!

PS to blipey the troll:  Honey, it seems to me that for a guy who has such a long list of questions he’s waiting for me to answer, he would at least set a good example and answer the one question that I asked you months ago on the UD thread.  Heck it’s been so long I don’t even remember what it was or where it is.  I’m sure you recall that conversation though.

Translation:

Crap, I screwed up! Quick, blather on and say the dumbest thing I can think up so everyone will be distracted and not point out how stupid Luskin is!

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

10202 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]