RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2008,08:09   

As for the 'goddidit' bit....

I don't really care if you just handwave and say 'god did it'. I'll think your wrong and laugh at your silly magical sky fairy.

But you won't be pretending its science, and trying to replace real science with it. You're just amusing and (mostly) harmless.

*That* is the purpose of "creation scientists" like Walt Brown. They want to replace real science with their own. The whole point of Walt Brown's theory is its supposed to explain all this without requring god to do anything. It cannot rely on god changing constants, etc. Walt pretends it works.

Simple physics says it doesn't. In fact, its hilariously wrong - not that Ftk will ever let herself understand enough physics to see it.

Also, a response to someone else: While complex slingshot trajectories are possible, since we are talking about thousands of asteroids blasted off in mostly random directions all ending up in roughly the same circular orbit in the asteroid belt - I don't really consider that in the scope of the simulation.

Another thing to keep in mind is my planets are most defiantly not rendered to scale. If they were they would be far smaller than a pixel. You think its hard to just lob a rock off and get near a planet in my sim - try it in reality. The asteroid is spawned 10,000,000km from Earth. About 25 times the distance to the Moon. And you can't even see it because its still inside the Earth sphere.

The physics side all uses accurate 1 unit = 1 meter scale, though.

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

10202 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]