RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2008,19:05   

Quote (Ftk @ June 12 2008,19:51)

Quote (stevestory @ June 12 2008,18:14)
Glenn Morton tells her, "Walt's pre-flood arrangement is physically impossible. And if the flood had happened the surface temperature of the earth would get hotter than the sun by 10 or 100 times. Everything would have died and the oceans and atmosphere would be gone." Olegt is a physicist and he's told her that. I'm a mere bachelor's in physics and I've told her that. JonF is a scientist and he's told her. The people at KCFS told her.

FtK at some point it starts to look like you have a learning disability.

Steve,

Walt and I discussed some of Glen Morton's issues with his theory as well as endless issues that came up at KCFS during those three months.  Believe me, I've heard it all over the years...over, and over, and over again.

I can't emphasize enough how many times I've heard the scalding water scenario.  

Sigh...

I've gone back and forth from creationist to evolutionist on so many of the issues in this debate, and each side always claims to be able to address and resolve the issues put forth by their opposition.

So, I give up...I have no way of knowing who's right, who's wrong, and whether the answers are assumptions, facts, or wishful thinking.  So, call me ignorant, and let's just leave it at that, huh?

Yes you do - all physics that we live by prevents Walt's theory from working, at almost every single point. This is not one "gotcha!" problem, every single event in the theory cannot work. The theory is so hilariously and obviously wrong and so full of problems that the only way you could possibly conclude otherwise is to be either insane or so self delusional that you wont' let yourself see any evidence you don't like.

Oh, and since you've brought up the scalding water thing so many times in the past, here's something to consider...read number 2.

Bullshitting - its not the water heating that is the problem. It's the energy released. The rocks being blasted out of the atmosphere on their own would have done it. And thats completely ignoring the whole moving continents bit, which would also produce enough heat.

The "geothermal heat comes from the flood!" bit is enough to make any geologist choke on his dinner. Yet another example of creationist handwaving about things they know nothing about.

Oh, and here's something kinda cool.  A tornado was just spotted by our neighbors a bit ago, and they saw it head toward our house.  It missed us, but from what we hear on tv, it touched down briefly at a nearby school.

Needless to say, we're hanging out in the storm shelter at the moment.

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

10200 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]