RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (23) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Are "Radical" Atheists Dangerous?, Orr vs. Dawkins< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 30 2007,08:30   

Quote (skeptic @ Mar. 29 2007,23:37)
It is a matter of faith the same as a belief in no God.

That's just retarded.  Do you also consider lack of belief in Santa Claus a matter of faith?  Your absurd position would require us to label as 'faith' any lack of belief in anything which had not been conclusively demonstrated  to be nonexistent.

I don't believe the moon has a rich, creamy caramel center not because I have 'faith' in my position, but because I've seen absolutely no evidence to support it being true, and because there are other, very well-supported theories of what the moon is made of.  It's concievable that the moon really is that delicious, but labeling me as having 'faith' in my position (which is not even a true position but just acceptance of the null hypothesis of the proposition "the moon has a caramel center") simply because I assume it is not so, is just stupid.

"Atheism is a faith" is a bogus rhetorical device which does more to reveal the benighted intellects of the credulous, superstitious twits who use it, than it does to illuminate what atheism is actually about.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

661 replies since Mar. 12 2007,10:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (23) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]