RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (12) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Intellectually Honest Christians?, Is it possible?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2007,07:04   

Oddly enough, I have a serious relationship going with a rabbit. One of my kids worked in a pet shop a couple of years ago and brought home "Chandler," only to promptly ignore him for a year or so, during which time he did nothing but exhibit pure, unblinking Buddha Nature.  

I felt sorry for the animal and took it over.  His cage came up to my attic office and I began tending to him much more attentively, including daily periods free from his confines.  At first he displayed classic learned helplessness and wouldn't jump out of his box even with the cage removed, but now he dashes about and visits a number of points around my office, kicking up his heels with a giddy shake of his head.  I can almost hear "yippeee!!"  Then he sits most of the day, in one spot. Go figure.

I've been surprised to observe how he carefully confines his pellets to his cage, and there sequesters them in a neat pile.

My Buddy Rabbit.  >Sigh<

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

335 replies since Jan. 03 2007,21:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (12) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]