RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (167) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: AFDave's UPDATED Creator God Hypothesis 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mike PSS

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 17 2006,11:55   

Quote (afdave @ Nov. 17 2006,12:24)
No Mike--  This is what Brown does ...  you are wrong.  He is basically saying that ...      
1)  Conventional C14 dating requires roughly constant C14 and C12 levels throughout earth history -- this is a horribly mistaken assumption -- not just a minor problem that needs a little calibration -- it's gigantically mistaken
2)  There is quite clear evidence that carbon inventories were much higher prior to the flood -- 100X modern levels is a conservative estimate http://www.grisda.org/origins/51006.htm
3)  Thus the C14/C12 ratio would have been much smaller pre-Flood.  
4)  If one does the calculations with reasonable assumptions, one finds that 30,000 and 40,000 year old dates shrink to within the 6000 year Biblical timeframe. Calculations shown here.
http://www.grisda.org/origins/17056.htm

Ummmm.....
Dave, your reference in point 2 is titled;
CARBON-14 CONTENT OF FOSSIL CARBON
Paul Giem, M.A., M.D.
Loma Linda, California
(here's the web reference, not the pdf)

Interesting that he cites Brown's 1979 paper and I have DEBUNKED Brown's conclusions.

So..... I have now DEBUNKED this fine doctor's work also.

Why don't you give him a call and come up with a new reason to assume carbon content, because Brown's reason is ALL WASHED UP.

Also, since Brown's calculations are also based on his 1979 paper, THESE CALCULATIONS ARE ALSO DEBUNKED.

I like the sound of that word.  Say it about 10 times over and it has a rythym.

DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED.

(p.s.  I changed your references in your quote to the .htm web page instead of the .pdf)

4989 replies since Sep. 22 2006,12:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (167) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]