Joined: Sep. 2002
|Thirty-five percent hydrogen peroxide is commercially available as an oxidant and disinfectant. This solution is currently sold and promoted in health food stores in th United States as a means of 'improving oxygenation' in people with coronary artery disease and other health problems. Our findings show the high toxicity of concentrated hydrogen peroxide. CNS [central nervous system] damage and death are likely consequences after ingestion of this agent|
Ashdown BC, et al. (1998). Hydrogen peroxide poisoning causing brain infarction: neuroimaging findings. American Journal of Roentgenology <b>170</b>:1653-5.
For crissakes, the stuff I have at home is only 3%, and the label specifically warns against ingesting it.
Edited by KCdgw on Aug. 02 2009,14:16
Those who know the truth are not equal to those who love it-- Confucius