RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Cedric Katesby

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2008,15:21   

FtK

01/30/2008

2:11 pm
Here’s more crap being slung by the media.

“Hart also cited “the failure to adequately understand – and consequently convey to the public – the fact that the theory of intelligent design is consensually regarded, in the scientific community, as absolute horse**** unworthy of serious consideration … thereby propagating, again, the illusion that there is substantive scientific debate on the topic (as opposed to the matter being settled, which it is, and unfit for inclusion in our nation’s science classes).”

“Intelligent Design is not regarded as a scientific topic,” Scuderi countered. “The President’s Science Advisor has been very clear on this point. The notion that the administration ‘propagates’ anything about intelligent design is absurd.”

“A president who does not accept evolution is clearly someone who cannot change their mind in face of overwhelming factual evidence,” said Sean Carroll, a professor of molecular biology and genetics at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. “

I swear you’d think that global warming, evolution and stem cell research were all that is ****ever**** considered in the realm of science. The freaking world is not going to end if we don’t swallow the story that nature evolved from a slimy blob in a pool of sludge.

I’ve listened to Carroll lecture, and he most certainly did not provide me with any “overwhelming factual evidence” that negates ID. His evidence wasn’t even overwhelming enough to support common descent.

bevets

01/30/2008

3:59 pm
Unfortunately many in the ID community regard YEC in the same way.

ID is a gift that keeps on giving.
:D  :D  :D

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]