RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Art

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2007,22:42   

Quote (Ftk @ Dec. 03 2007,16:17)
Blipes, they were in my post above:

1.  Precisely which pilum and which type-three secretory system [did Klebba] he have in mind?

2.  How exactly did a pilum shed its hair-like filament in becoming a type-three secretory system (last I looked, type-three secretory systems are microsyringes that do not have hair-like filaments)?

3.  What new genes need to be added to form a type-three secretory system from a pilum?

4.  What old genes need to be lost to form a type-three secretory system from a pilum?

5.  In the evolution from the pilum to the type-three secretory system, how many intermediate systems whose functions were neither that of a pilum nor that of a type-three secretory system were there?

2.  How exactly did a pilum shed its hair-like filament in becoming a type-three secretory system (last I looked, type-three secretory systems are microsyringes that do not have hair-like filaments)?

Look again.  The pilus and the "microsyringe" and but different manifestations of the same thing.  Both are protrusions extending out from the cell.  One is capped, one contacts and penetrates a neighboring cell.

This particular comment of Dembski's makes him look tres ignorant.

What new genes need to be added to form a type-three secretory system from a pilum?

Um, none.

Classical molecular microevolution.  (Which, when it refutes IC, is NOT accepted by IDists.  Apparently.)

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]