RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 24 2007,12:36   

Ok, usually I let others here copy and paste the best tidbits from UD but this is so absurd I guess I'm calling dibs on this one:

From some pathetic creobot called "Borne"

It’s like asking why something true is true. Why does 1+1=2? Or, ‘what is life’? No one can answer that on purely mechanical or materialistic terms.

Indeed NO one can answer why 1+1=2.  Every math teacher and philospoher in the world has struggled with this for centuries.  To date NO one has provided a coherent reason why 1+1=2.  

And trying to answer why something is true is a waste of time.  If we say it's true it must be true, otherwise we wouldn't say it.  End of story! 

Truths that cannot and need not be proven but are still true.

Indeed.  It's true because we say it's true.  Go fuck your evidence AND your pathetic level of detail.

Those who persistently require knowledge of the designer don’t understand ID at all. They have not made the first step into the design inference.

And the first step into the design inference is ---- Truth is what we say is truth.  That is all you need to know.

Just read his comments for yourself.  the man is clearly insane  

It makes me laff to think this is what Dr William A Dembski's peers are like.   What a pathetic loser.

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]