RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 02 2007,10:48   

Quote (dochocson @ Oct. 02 2007,11:24)
Check it out, guys, Dembski posted an apology! (Unless one of you guys hacked the site)

Part of the text:

"Iíve removed all three posts and herewith extend a public apology to the Baylor administration and Board of Regents for these actions on this blog. In offering this apology, however, I mean in no way to mitigate the gravity of Baylorís wrong in censoring the research of Robert Marks and his Evolutionary Informatics Lab."

I'm unclear on the defining elements of a notpology. Does this qualify?

(edit) On further review, I'm leaning toward notpology, since he claims that with his bad behavior, he "succumbed to the 'low polemic' " embraced by us sciency types.

How many public apologies does one person have to make before they start thinking first and acting second the next time they get the impulse to attack someone and/or make outrageous accusations about them publicly?

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]