RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
franky172

(Permalink) Posted: July 13 2007,07:00   

Oh dear God.

Dembski has decided to spend some of his time dissecting the "Jesus Tomb Math" (which has already been rather strongly criticized in the mainstream media as a rather elaborate sham).  Not to be outdone by the hundreds of other people who took a stab at what appears to be some perhaps shoddy mathematics, Dembski tries.  What is interesting about this is two-fold.  First, Dembski put his refutation of the Jesus tomb math on the Baylor Evolutionary Informatics Lab website!  (here!

He makes it a point to provide links to his other "evolutionary informatics" papers, none of which have yet to appear in any journal (and I have read some of them, I reserve judgement until I get a chance to really read them in depth), but what in  God's name is a website devoted to the Jesus Tomb doing on an evolutionary informatics website?  Compounding matters is the lack of introduction, conclusions, or analysis on the website - it's just a collection of scripts (the links to which are currently broken) and plots.

I also appreciate this from the website:

There has been no consideration given to the historical evidence for the resurrection of Christ that conflicts with his being buried.  With a link to "Leader U", which posits the following 5 pieces of evidence that the resurrection is true:

1: The Bible says that Jesus was buried and later his tomb was empty.
2: Paul says Jesus rose from the grave.
3: The story of the resurrection is old.
4: The story is simple.
5: Women probably discovered the tomb.
6: Other biblical stories also say the tomb was empty.

Well, I'm convinced.

Edit: 2 more things.
1) I should mention that the paper proper has introduction, conclusion, etc.   The website lacks these

2) The website goes on to cite quotations arguing against the use of statistics.  Why?

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]