RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: May 08 2007,07:42   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ May 07 2007,19:49)
You have to admit, in a way it's pretty cool that UD basically seems content now to present ID as nothing more than a rather pretentious form of creationism. They've completely quit pretending that ID is anything more than fundie apologetics and wingnut politics.

To me this means they'll continue to say crabby, moronic things for decades, but as a political movement it's DOA. As a scientific movement it never even rose to that level.

Truly, the real ID action is now over at Overwhelmingignorance.crap, where a blog post entitled Has This Site Gone Extinct? gets a snappy response in only 13 days, resulting in a fast-paced conversation that so far has flooded the intartubes with 5 total posts over an eyeblink-like 27 days.

Hilariously, they conclude that the fetid moribundity of their site has resulted from the recent efforts to ban trolls--while lamenting that they cannot compose a Trolls' Greatest Hits list to whip up enthusiasm for the site, because "unfortunately, unless the data was backed up all those troll posts were zapped."  Hmmm......

"Man, our site would be doing better, if only we hadn't banned all the people who were posting on the site just to mock it, and if only we could recover their deleted comments so there would be something here worth reading."

For some reason I think there might still be some trolls left unpurged over there.  Will the last loki please turn out the lights on your way out?

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]