RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 02 2007,07:29   

Quote (Zachriel @ Mar. 02 2007,06:50)
Perry Marchall put it this way:

1. All languages, codes, protocols and encoding / decoding mechanisms that we know the origin of come from a mind - there are no known exceptions

2. DNA is a language, a code, a protocol, and an encoding / decoding mechanism

3. Therefore DNA came from a mind.

I'm surprised that this response has lasted over an hour:

Quote (peanutaxis @ 03/02/2007, 6:23 am)
Ah, that is an interesting argument! Following the links I can see that the refutation will involve the first premise, and again goes back to whether information can pop out of disorder. (I am now wondering whether even the bonding of two hydrogen atoms involves information)?!
Nevertheless that is indeed a powerful argument. I think I may begin praying to the ID: Vishnu

Possibly the most delicious aspect of enjoying ID tard is their incredibly low capacity for detecting sarcasm and irony whenever it's cloaked in the faintest pretense of ID-friendliness.

I'm waiting for the day when everyone on UD realizes that everyone else is a loki troll and the whole thing just vanishes in a puff of satirical smoke.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]