RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 26 2007,08:09   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Feb. 26 2007,06:55)
DO'L foams at the mouth

Quote (DO'L 2006 Winner of The World's Worst Writer Award @ 26 February 2007)
The new “anti-God” crusade: Further evidence of materialism’s failure?
O'Leary

O’Leary looks at the spate of anti-God books and other promotions for the new Church of Atheism, and suspects that atheism was way more fun in the days when it was just a quiet, Godless Sunday at home.

The world's biggest hack refers to herself in the third person (it's so creepy when she does that), and begins to rant about ID vs. Atheism.

Once again we see that ID is all about the science.

She writes a series of sub-headlines, then a few sentences for each that basically just all say "Atheism bad, God good" without even so much as an attempt at backing up a single statement.

I guess we're all just supposed to smack our foreheads in a moment of epiphany and say "WOW!  I guess science sucks because the Witless Wonder said so!"

It really does just boil down to her conclusion:

Put another way: Once you do think that materialism is not true, Darwinism is not true either. That raises the question of why any clergy should feel the need to sell “evolution” to their congregations, as part of their ministry.

Yes, once you've closed your mind and started out with the conclusion, there's really no need to think any further about it, so STOP DOING IT!

I think there's more to D'OH!'s post than you realize.  I applied my handy Explanatardy Filtard to this passage and found an intriguing pattern:

The new “Anti-God” cRusaDe: FurTher evidence of mAteRialism’s failure?
O'Leary

O’Leary looks at the spate of anti-GoD books and oTher promotions for the new Church of Atheism, and suspects that atheism was way moRe fun in the Days when it was just a quiet, Godless Sunday at home.

Coincidence?  I think not.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]