RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
wintermute

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 23 2007,10:38   

Hi, all.

I've been reading through this thread (so far, I'm up to November), and back in October (I think; I can't find the post now...) SteveStory asked if anyone could come up with a firefox extension / greasemonkey script that would automagically post comments from UD here. And it just so happens I was looking for a project to start playing with greasemonkey, so the answer is... no, not so far as I can tell.

I wanted it to go to the "preview post" page, with the comment already in the box, but the page is set up so that it can't accept input from pages outside of antievolution.org. I'm not sure it would be ethical to bypass this security, even if I knew how.

So what I've done instead is to re-write the comment in question into iB code when you click the link, and to also open up the "reply to thread" page in a new window, so you can just copy-and-paste from one to the other.

UD2AtBC greasemonkey script

It'll probably be a month or two before I get this far through the thread, but let me know if you try it out, and if you have any comments / suggestions.

Thanks for all the amusement.

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]