RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
2ndclass

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 09 2007,14:51   

Dave:
Iíve clocked myself writing over 300 lines of assembly or C code per hour that often executes flawlessly on the first pass (including a clean compilation on the first pass).

We've had programmers like that at the company where I work, and several have been let go.  Fast code-slingers can do more harm than good, even if their code passes unit tests.

Iíve written literally millions of lines of code that has gone into billions upon billions of dollars worth of computer systems.

Has Dave actually written millions of lines of production code?  Of course not, and his use of the word "literally" turns this bit of puffery into an outright lie.

One thing that genius Dave has failed to figure out is that his bragging earns him no respect, since his credibility has been nil for a long time.  I suppose that a gullible newbie or two might actually believe him, and maybe that's his target audience.

--------------
"I wasn't aware that classical physics had established a position on whether intelligent agents exercising free were constrained by 2LOT into increasing entropy." -DaveScot

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]