RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 26 2006,05:33   

phonon notes:  
I love this little tidbit from TRoutMac:

The video also claims this…

“Of the 42 proteins required to make a flagellum, 40 have been found so far to have homologues in other systems”

Isn’t an argument of homology between particular proteins a little silly in a context where every protein in a cell is made from combinations of the same 20 amino acids? What about THAT homology? The amino acids are homologous, are they not? Even in different proteins, the same pool of 20 amino acids might be used. (albeit differently)

I guess what I’m saying is that if I can explain the homology of amino acids which make up proteins which are completely DIFFERENT via Intelligent Design, then why should I be afraid of the homologous protein argument? Wouldn’t that be EVEN EASIER to explain via ID?

TRoutMac
The Intelligent (Graphic) Designer

Comment by TRoutMac — December 24, 2006 @ 9:37 am

Speaking of homology, TroutMac should see what I can do with English sentences, in a context where every word in the sentence is made from combinations of the same 26 letters.

I guess what I’m saying is that if I can explain the homology of letters which make up words which are completely DIFFERENT via Intelligent Design, then why should I be afraid of the homologous word argument? Wouldn’t that be EVEN EASIER to explain via ID?

Indeed!

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]