RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
cogzoid

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2006,10:48   

68. russ // Oct 16th 2006 at 1:16 pm

Chris Hyland wrote:

“The argument isn’t so much about government and education it is that the science curriculum should be based on accepted science. ”

How is this legitimate if Big Science is actively and aggressively suppressing alternative theories using large amounts of U.S. taxpayer money? Was Darwinian evolution “accepted science” 100 years ago? If not, then should skeptics have worked to destroy proponents of Darwin’s ideas?

Comment by russ — October 16, 2006 @ 1:16 pm

69. JasonTheGreek // Oct 16th 2006 at 1:21 pm

My point exactly Russ. Darwinism is the mainstream today, but if NDE groups had their way- nde would have never had a chance, because we could have all just said- ‘golly, the mainstream consensus is special creation- we will not allow any question of it…we will ban Darwinism.’

They owe their pet theory to questioning the consensus, but then their double standard demands that they attack ID because it’s not mainstream, thus it’s clearly bogus. I guess I’ll agree with them. That means that since special creation was consensus for most of the history of science- it must be correct. :) Afterall- TRUE science is clearly what the NAS says it is, and special creation was the accepted paradigm first!

Comment by JasonTheGreek — October 16, 2006 @ 1:21 pm

These tards are made for each other.  How does one explain to them that the NAS and NCSE are not trying to ban ID research, in any way, shape, or form (how would one do that anyway?).  But, they are trying to keep ID out of science class because it's not a science.

But, let's all reflect on how Darwin was pushing to get his ideas into high school before he had done any research.  It makes me glad to know that the NCSE didn't exist back then!

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]