RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 13 2006,23:51   

BarryA has "answered" Karl Pfluger's posting to the "Who said evolutionists aren't a barrel of laughs?" thread:

5. Hey Karl, if you want to talk about the substance of my posts, by all means do and I will respond. If you want to whine and nit pick rhetorical flourishes, don’t expect me to 1. respond; or 2. leave your whiny comments on the thread.

Comment by BarryA — September 13, 2006 @ 6:45 pm

Karl comes right back to him:

6. Barry,

Look at what you wrote:

My comment was met with howls of indignation by commentators who insisted that “science” is pristine, self-correcting and ideology-free. Nonsense.

That’s not a “rhetorical flourish”, it’s an outright fabrication. Nobody on either of those two threads said any such thing.

Face it: You created a strawman position out of whole cloth, looking for an easy target. When I called you on it, you tried to cover your tracks by editing one of my comments and deleting another. Sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go through to avoid answering questions about a mere “rhetorical flourish”.

Maybe you should take your father’s advice:

If you have a position and you can’t meet your opponent’s argument, you must work harder, and if you do that and still can’t meet your opponent’s argument you must change your mind.

Think about it.

Comment by Karl Pfluger — September 14, 2006 @ 2:19 am

Anybody want to bet on whether BarryA follows his father's advice?

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]