RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wonderpants

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2006,09:34   

If Darwinism is on the verge of collapse as is so often started on this blog, where does that leave us? And is there in fact solid evidence that this is the case, or is this just a much-desired assertion based on popular opinion? Letís be a little scientific here, if Darwinism were to collapse, what would be the predictable signs? For example, would Universities stop teaching evolution classes? Would there be statements by prominent evolutionists (and preferable non-religious ones such as Dawkins) that declare that evolution theory is incorrect? So far I havenít see these things occur, or maybe Iím not looking in the right place?

And if Darwinism is a defunct theory, what exactly do we now teach? After all most IDers do accept common descent donít they? And didnít most of the scientific work around common descent in fact come from the evolutionist camp? Does ID theory alone have enough substance to fully replace evolution wholesale? Are the IDers then going to throw out the baby with the bath water, or is there going to be an acknowledgement that there is an overlapping body of knowledge that both the ID and evolution sides agree on? I think doing so would be a very good thing ó acknowledging what ID and evolution have in common could help not only mend fences but allow for a more constructive dialog between the two groups.

Comment by John Singleton ó August 28, 2006 @ 2:12 pm

Is this guy entirely clueless or just taking the mick?

--------------
Fundamentalism in a nutshell:
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]