RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
2ndclass

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 01 2006,05:22   

Quote (mcc @ July 31 2006,22:21)
Oh-- by the way, has Dembski yet actually responded to or provided explanation for any of those myriad errors in Godless he's supposedly taken responsibility for?

Of course not.  Here is a summary of Jim Downard's conversation with Dembski:

Downard: I've pointed out some of Coulter's errors here and here.
Dembski: If you think Coulter made errors, then point them out.

Itís in my capacity as a mathematician, rather than as a theologian, that I make my primary contribution to ID.

Anyone who has read Dembski's supposed mathematics and actually understands how mathematics worse would know that this is flagrantly false. To Dembski, mathematics is nothing more than a bunch of fancy vocabulary words that he can string together at random to bamboozle the proles into thinking he has something to say.

Amen.  It's in his capacity as buzzword generator that Dembski has made his primary contribution to ID.  Nobody -- I repeat, NOBODY -- uses Dembski's methods, although IDers use his terminology a lot for propaganda purposes.

--------------
"I wasn't aware that classical physics had established a position on whether intelligent agents exercising free were constrained by 2LOT into increasing entropy." -DaveScot

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]