RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 23 2008,09:35   

Quote (Annyday @ Mar. 23 2008,09:42)
Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Mar. 23 2008,08:35)
PZ Myers says they used the Harvard/XVIVO animation. Somebody else says, no, it's definitely the Illustra animation ("Unlocking the Mystery of Life"). And then there is the claim from, IIRC, Kevin Miller that they commissioned their own animation.

I think that it will require a careful side-by-side analysis of the actual animations to determine which of these is right. I haven't seen anybody do that yet.

I saw the film when it was shown in Albuquerque a couple of weeks ago, and got a copy of the "Leader's DVD." After carefully comparing the "Inner Life of a Cell" clip from the DVD (and from Expelled the Movie) to the Harvard/XVIVO footage, I also came to the conclusion that it is NOT the actual Harvard Video, but rather a COPY/ re-rendering of the video - a re-animated "Frankenstein" as it were.

Mathis introduced the film in 'Burque also, along with the local Calvary Chapel preacher. They made it quite clear that their goal was to get the 'leaders' to exhort the troops in their home pews to fill Expelled seats during opening weekend - one church per showing.

The "Leader's DVD" has three "Outreach Ideas" pages. #1 says to use the DVD at a church event or youth group. #2 says "For a small group - host a 'Dinner with Darwin' for your small group, using the Discussion Guide, DVD and the film as an opportunity to educate yourselves about the 'good science' in support of our faith. ..."

This gives away the whole farm, right there. I didn't add the quote marks around "good science," they (Expelled producers) did. But, most importantly, this isn't about "faith," it is about "OUR FAITH". They can whine all they want to that ID is "science," but they let us see their real cards here.

Dave

P.S. BTW, I signed up thru the web site, and received my e-mail confirmation. My name was on the sign-up sheet, and I was allowed to enter. I signed up under my real name, and as a member of the "DST" - that's "Darwinist Swat Team," a name the ID guys started using on us when we whupped 'em in Rio Rancho, NM.

Posted by: Dave Thomas | March 22, 2008 4:58 AM

Here, post 104.

ETA: Personally, I'd prefer seeing the animation in question myself. Having only contradictory second-hand reports about if it is or isn't the same animation is annoying, but you can't say nobody else has tried it.

So its a remake?

They remade music, they remade animations...

It seems they're really really asking for some lawyers to look very closely at the limits of "derivative works."

(The movie uses covers of both Pink Floyd and Depeche Mode, from what I've been told.)

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]