» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (640) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 21 2007,12:49   

Quote (VMartin @ Dec. 21 2007,12:35)
Occam at "Evolution of horse" thread:

Feynman's dead.  Has been for 19 years.

Judging by the age of the biology research VM likes to cite, he's not that up to date on anything else.  So I guess it's understandable he hasn't heard about Feynman's passing.

But Feynman's explanation of interfernce of single electron passing two slots is still valid explanation of the phenomenon as far as I know.

Moder quantum physics use very often "outdated" or "transcedent" ideas of Rennaisance scientists of "symetry" of the world. We observe "symetry" also in structure of living organisms. But biologists do not consider such "symetry" playing any role in evolution. You know darwinism is a naturalistic theory from 19 century which didn't consider such ideas as "symetry" as valid explanation of anything.

I was referring to your notion of Feynman having a discussion with someone:

But you know, Feynmann is an expert on quantum mechanics and maybe he should more discuss his opinions with evolutionary biologists

How's the weather in Czechoslovakia?

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

19182 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (640) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]