RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (660) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 06 2010,13:27   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Oct. 05 2010,11:27)
I found this comment insightfull in the 'Courtier's responce' aftermath thread at Larry Moran's Sandwalk blog:

https://www.blogger.com/comment....1437274

Another gem from that discussion:

Dymara (in response to lee_merrill):

Your argument is literally that since two grandiose projects haven't borne any fruit, the only possible conclusion  is that a magical invisible sky fairy must exist and be shaping events in order to prevent said grandiose schemes from fruition. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If efforts to rebuild Babylon had resulted in workers being flung back by an unknown force while a booming voice announced "You shall not cross me, mortals," and subsequent attempts met with the same supernatural intervention, then you'd have a case. However, a grandiose plan failing when the money behind it dries up and the key parties lose interest is an entirely mundane occurrence, and does not justify any such conclusion. Saying that the effects of divine intervention are indistinguishable from mundane chance is equivalent to saying that no divine intervention has ever occurred.
-  (emphasis in original)

I love it so!

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

19774 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (660) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]