RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (638) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reed

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2010,17:23   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ July 18 2010,14:23)
who spend their time fighting religious zealots trying to force their view on children and education, everyday life... would defend the exact same behaviors from another community just because they seem to be the "underdog" at the moment.

Really, think about it for a moment...

I have never supported denying our religious extremists the right to express themselves or practice any beliefs that don't directly harm or infringe on the rights of others.

I don't believe that wearing particular clothing in public, by itself, meets these standards, regardless of what motivated wearing them.

I do believe that state interference in individual beliefs and expression is extremely dangerous, especially when it is likely to be applied in a discriminatory manner. This is in fact one of the main reasons I oppose extremists here, because they attempt to subvert the state to do these exact things.

That  a non-muslim can't rightfuly sue a muslim under pain of being ostrasized by these so-called anti-racism associations? Associations that have succesfuly denied the right to use anti-white, anti-french, anti-non muslim racism in courts?

The veil ban addresses these issues how ... ?

I don't deny there are problems. I don't deny that radical Islamists need to be opposed. They certainly shouldn't be allowed to subvert the rule of law.

19124 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (638) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]