RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (639) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2008,12:58   

Quote (Louis @ April 01 2008,13:03)
Quote (IanBrown_101 @ April 01 2008,12:42)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 28 2008,19:42)

Simply telling people to avoid the troll never ever works. As long as a small fraction of viewers want to aggressively argue with trolls it'll drown out everything else. To fix the problem you have to make it easy for the others to avoid the troll-related material. Say, have a selection like View Trolls / Hide Trolls, and have a few regulars empowered to mark subthreads with a Troll identifier.

I quite like this idea.

{gentle cough}

Ahem, Ian that links to a Rick Astley video. To say that the late great Bill Hicks and I agree in our estimation of the music of Mr Astley would be an understatement (trust me, good it isn't). I think you meant to link to something different.

Unless of course you are favouring an idea in which trolls are sent into some kind of nether hell where Rck Astley records are played at them non stop. In which case I like it.

A lot.

Louis

P.S. The problem with trolls and vociferous creationists that that both groups are comprised almost totally of asinine morons. This is a happily correctable condition, but to correct it engagement is necessary. Simply lumping them all together might make people miss those asinine morons who are curable. I like PZ's three strikes rule.

You probably don't visit the right forums to be familiar with it, but you were just rickrolled

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

19142 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (639) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]