RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >   
  Topic: The Marketplace of Ideas & Free Speech, Dover is a Test Case for Supreme Court< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wonderpants

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 05 2005,05:27   

Quote (evopeach @ Oct. 05 2005,08:29)
First despite the ID distancing themselves from NEC and holding to a purely unnamed designer in word, text and now under oath

My word! They lie under oath about God not being the intelligent designer? Something tells me he isn't going to be too happy about that when the ID people reach the pearly gates. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" and all that...

you're paranoia and rediculous illogical fears ( setting up a theocracy.. how stupid can you be)  .

Go and read the Part Robertson and Jerry Falwell websites. It's all there in black and white (unlike the 'evidence' for ID, of course).

you now commit another illegality, the assumption that people are guilty of your accusations by some form of mind reading ... that they are conspiritorial liars willing to purjure themselves in print and before the courts without a scintilla of evidence to support your claims

It's a statement of fact, not an assumption, I'm afraid.

You mischaracterize ID

Pot. Kettle. Black!

I can honestly say there is nothing to support the idea that any scientist would alter activity of observation, innovation, copying. altering one whit under the alternative approach of assumed original design.

Why should they when ID has not one whit of true evidence?

If the American people are so uneducated, ignorant and behind the rest of the world is it God's providence that we are the most developed, generous, wealthy, advanced in science and technology the world has ever seen. Is the puny, starving, begger, backward and obscenely immoral old Europe or moslem mid-east or North Korea or Russia your ideal model for America. Is the 46% of Americans who want ID taught  the minority cult you speak of... laughable.

Will you stil be saying that when Europe, China, India, Japan, etc, overtake you in the sciences?

And I really wouldn't get to carried away with the idea of America as 'God's own country'. I can pretty easily point out some major problems with that.

egomaniacal atheists and agnostics as the representing the official philosophy of our country.

Egomaniacal atheists and agnostics? Ah, at last you come clean!!

Instead, they're going to have a bunch of fundamentalist Christians representing the official philosophy of your country. Meanwhile, the rest of the world will continue to point and laugh at you.

--------------
Fundamentalism in a nutshell:
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

41 replies since Oct. 04 2005,10:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]